Methodist Corner: Safe at Last

Methodist Corner

So much to do, so little time. You'll find here, from time to time, posts on various topics. Whatever has my attention at the moment will find it's way here.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Safe at Last

Uncle Toy and Aunt Peggy are now safely in Rhode Island. My wife Sheranne and I took them and their dog Rudy to the Memphis Int'l Airport Saturday morning. They'll be staying with their daughter, Becky Jo for awhile. Thank you for the many prayers offered on their behalf.

It is amazing to see the outpouring of support from across the country and around the world. I'm sure that many of you have given already, but if you haven't, please consider following one of the links at the top of this page and assist in the reliefy effort by giving generously.

I've heard some people say, those that chose to stay, when they were warned of the impending disaster, deserve what they got. I don't know about you, but I've made some pretty careless decisions before. Not only have I made careless decisions, but some were completely stupid. Not only have I made stupid decisions, but I'm sure I'll make some more. My prayer is, that when I do, that someone, somewhere, who is smarter than I am, is gracious enough to lend me a hand, wether I think I need it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home