Methodist Corner: Answered Prayer

Methodist Corner

So much to do, so little time. You'll find here, from time to time, posts on various topics. Whatever has my attention at the moment will find it's way here.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Answered Prayer

They're alive! Praise Our Great God and Creator! Not long after I posted the prayer request for Uncle Toy and Aunt Peggy, I received a call from my mother-in-law, Martha, informing me that rescue personnel had found them. I've now been told that they are being taken to a hospital in Jackson, MS where they'll be examined, treated, and finally released to my brother-in-law, Richard, and father-in-law, J.C., who are on their way there now. Richard and J.C. will bring them back to Courtland, where they will stay with my wife Sheranne and I until we figure our what's next. Becky Jo, Toy and Peggy's only daughter, is expected to arrive by airplane in Memphis this evening. We hope to have her reunited with her parents either late this evening or early tomorrow.

As joyful as am about the wonderful news of our beloved family members, I can't help but feel equally saddened by the tremendous suffering still being endured by countless others in the wake of this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected.

And to Chris Olsen, who is among the many brave emergency workers, who are even now risking their well being to help those in need; I can't begin to tell you how deeply we appreciate all that you have done for us. I know there are others with you, but from one "Batesville Boy" to another, thank you and God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home